Sunday, July 17, 2016

3.B.1 New Experiences


  • 3.B.1 - Rule of Thirds 
  • Photo Name: New Experiences
  • 1-What editing was done to the photo?
    • I added some contrast to this photo so that the waves and sand are a little darker.  This allows the children to be the focus of the photo as the light is on them.
  • 2-How did the photo meet the requirements?
    • This photo was composed with the Rule of Thirds in mind.  The horizon is towards the top with only 1/3 of it showing and 2/3 of the ocean can be seen.  The children are also positioned in 1/3 of the photo.  
  • 3-What was the value of this assignment to you?
    • While I have known about the Rule of Thirds from previous classes, I don't always remember to follow the rule.  We are on vacation right now and this assignment helped me to capture this amazing photo.  When I first went to take this shot, I put the kids in the middle.  A little reminder popped into my head and I quickly recomposed the shot and I am so glad I did.  My kids haven't been to the beach since they were toddlers and just the joy and excitement I feel like I was able to capture will be one to remember.  I plan to blow this photo up and put it in our house.  

No comments: