Monday, June 13, 2016

OLW - January Part I

I joined in on Ali Edwards' One Little Word project.  People approach this in many different ways, but the premise is to focus on a word you select and explore it over the year.

My word chose me towards the end of last year and while I have been finding ways to include it in my life, I haven't worked on the physical project much.  I sat down this weekend and decided to get January done. The journaling is always the hardest for me because I feel like I'm doing it wrong or I won't remember to include everything.

My word for the year is BALANCE.  I used the layout that Ali did and approached the first part of the prompts on what this word means to me, why this is my word, and ways to invite it in.  While some of the journaling is personal, I also believe in sharing it because it may speak to someone else.

The prompts are included in January's theme.  The photo is one that I took on New Years Eve.  That night I was excited for what the new year has in store and starting with a clean slate.  The vellum piece is one that I've had on hand.  The chipboard piece is from Ali's Tough Story Kit.  

The Fresh Start is from Ali's Firsts kit and fit perfectly.  I know you can see the other side of the chipboard piece, but I feel like it's a nice outline.

I will have the second half of the January prompts later this week.


No comments: