Friday, March 10, 2023

Day 7 - 3/10

We were up super early as we were leaving São Paulo. It was about a 3 hour drive to the ferry to go to Ilhabela. We waited there another two hours as there were that many people waiting to cross. I have been on ferries before and I have seen where there are multiple ferries working to get people back and forth. Here, there was just the one and it didn't hold a lot of vehicles. Not only were there regular cars, but there were large trucks like ones that transport dirt and such.

Once on the ferry we were able to get out. The view was so amazing. Every time we see a different part of Brazil, I can’t believe that it could even prettier and more green. One of the things I noticed right away was how humid it was. Even more than the other places. After we got to the hotel we stayed just long enough to drop our items off. Then it was off to eat. The restaurant was very nice and the food was good. One thing I am surprised about it how heavy and starchy a lot of the food is. I would hoping for more fresh and light choices. 


Afterwards, Tracy and I walked around the little shops they have. There were some cute items and we had some ice cream. It was fun to try and order. The gal was so nice and even used our translator to respond. We walked around a little more and found more water. I didn’t think I could feel more hot and gross. In Arizona, we have a very dry heat so even thought it can get to 115*, it's not humid. 


We were able to go back to the room to rest before meeting for dinner again. I laid on the bed for an hour because I was so tired. We have been on the go every day that any time I can just lay there is amazing. At one point the electricity went out and my fear was I would be sleeping with no air. In all of the places we have stayed, there is no central air. Most lobbies have no air and the rooms have one unit in the room. I am surprised at how well they work. One thing is that if there was a fan even, that would make a huge difference to keep the air circulating. Back home, we have a ceiling fan in every room so even without the AC, things stay cooler.  


Dinner was at 830 and the original plan was ruined with all the rain. We went next door and tried some polenta and a burger. The polenta was ok, I wish it had some more flavoring. Trying new foods is not the norm for me. My husband is the foodie and I like to stick to what I know. This entire trip has been so out of my comfort zone, that I am jumping in to try and do it all.










No comments: