Sunday, March 5, 2023

Day 2 - Sunday 3/5

One of the first things I noticed is that we got off the plane the fastest I have ever experienced. I don't know if it's because it is so much bigger so people have more space to quickly get their carry-ons or people are ready to get off the plane after 9 hours. Stepping off the plane and noticed that our area is small, there are not people really standing around waiting to get on the next flight, and no shops. All of the airports I have been in, once you get off the plane, the next group of people are waiting to get one. It seems like there’s an exit and entrance area for planes.  

We walked for awhile to get from the plane to customers. Once we got to the customs area, we froze. This was my first experience with customs in this fashion and all the lines were just overwhelming. There were signs for Brazil, crew, two others and foreigners. It took us a moment to realize we are the foreigners. The customers officer was super nice and got very excited to know it was my first time in Brazil. That part was very quick and it was exciting to my first stamp in my passport. 


The baggage area was very similar to other airports. The carrousels were just larger and it seemed that some of our bags were on different ones. I rarely travel with two suitcases so I completely forgot that I had one more bag. Thankfully I remembered before we left. Come out there were so many items in the duty free area. Again it felt like we walked forever to get out where Carla and her dad were waiting for us.  


There were so many people that had come off flights and it was hard to not feel like we were in the way wherever we went. Some students had to exchange their money, and we got to try pao de queijo. It was so amazing and something I would love to make back home. 


We drove toward Avare and on the way got to eat at Camponesa. I don't remember what we ate, but it was so good. One really interesting thing are the little cards you get as you enter the store and then whatever you order is added to your card number. Meeting our professors was really nice because it just adds so much when you can meet people in person. Then the whole drive home, I was amazed at how green everything was. Living in the desert we have our own beauty, but we do not have the amount of trees and grass as Brazil has. 









No comments: