Saturday, March 4, 2023

Day 1 - Off to Brazil

There has been much turmoil in the days leading up to leaving that has added to the stress of traveling internationally. While I’ve traveled all over the United States and I love to fly, I’ve never flown outside of the country. There is much excitement, stress, and unknowns that are swirling about in my mind. Saying bye to my husband was much harder than I anticipated, but I tell myself it’s just part of the growing process that is ahead.  I am one who usually likes to travel alone, so I was worried about traveling with others. There were four of us coming from Tucson and when we got to Houston, the others joined us. I will say it really helped because the process of flying internationally was new to most of us. 

I've flown into Houston before, but it was always my end stop. Going from one area to another was quite the walk. One thing we noticed was that ordering was done by QR code at different tables. And different sections were for different restaurants. Also, when we boarded our plane it felt a bit like mass chaos because there were so many people and not really any lines. We had different boarding groups, but it didn't help with people forming in an organized fashion. I have also never been on a plane that large so the amount of people was overwhelming. 

When we did get to board and made our way to seats, we were all sitting in different places. I did upgrade my seat because knowing my back and how long my legs are, sitting in the back for 9+ hours was not going to go well. My "friend" next to me was not into socializing and I don't think he spoke much English. Dinner wasn't so bad on a plane and it was fun to actually be served food. I remember having meals while flying over 20 years ago. All in all, our day of travel wasn't so bad. 







No comments: