Monday, August 6, 2007

Marriage Monday


Every week I am so encouraged and challenged by other women who are committed to honoring their husbands. And I know for me, lately I need to be more faithful in praying for Tony. But also, how I speak to him. As women most of us have to deal with pms. And lately, I've let it control me. I woke up yesterday just cranky and not in the mood to deal with anyone. It spilled out to my children and to my husband. It took most of the day to get rid of my yuckiness towards everyone. And I have to remember that the way I act has a last effect on my family. So this week my prayer and challenge is to control my tongue.

4 comments:

God's girl said...

Reading this post was a little scary at first because it could have been my words! We are an Angela and Tony too! Ha!

Praying for your efforts! With God all things are possible!
Blessings,
Angela :)

Unknown said...

Angela,

You are I are on the same journey!!! And I can be Queeon of the PMS throne.

I think this comment was written specifically for me today. My husband mentioned something about this to me just yesterday. Your words shout to me..... I need to make sure PMS does not control me.

Excellent post. So glad you shared your heart and honored your marriage this day. Love and hugs, Lynn http://unequalmarriage.typepad.com/

Detroit said...

Well I am sure that we can all relate to the PMS syndrome! I am always unlike myself at this time, and I am pretty good at prewarning my husband. If I am more aware of my state and communicate it we do much better when I am in "the" mood. LOL

The Proverbs Wife said...

Good for you Angela on identifying that there is a problem. Now what is your plan to change your behavior?

In the book of Proverbs it says
"A man (or women) who lacks self control is like a unwalled city"

BTW ANgela, I really like your blog.