Friday, August 5, 2016

3.B.8 Tree of Life


Name: Tree of Life
Description: Night photo at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
3.B.8 – Night Time Photo
1.  What editing was done to the photo?
I started out by increasing the blacks a small bit to block out the light in the sky.  I also increased the exposure just a small amount.  The clarity was increased a lot more to make it pop.  I also sharpened the photo and reduced the noise reduction.  I looking at the side by side, I feel like the tree pops out from the darkness much better.

2.  How did the photo meet the requirements?
This photo was taken at night and I will say this was a harder one to capture.  The colors and animations on the tree moved around a lot and I was handholding the camera which didn’t help.


3. What was the value of this assignment to you?
I really love night shots, but most of mine are usually of still items.  So now, I want to get better at subjects that move at night.  This would also benefit me as my children do their sports at night.

No comments: