Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Fragile

Our family has been reminded at fragile life is. My husband lost his grandma last week. We had to take a trip to NM for the services. His grandma was such a wonderful women. She always made an effort to remember our children on their birthdays and at Christmas. And it was always wonderful to see the joy in her eyes when they would run up to her and hug her.
And now my grandma is not doing well. She fell a few weeks ago and broke her shoulder. She had been in a rehab center up until last night. She was rushed to the hospital because she went into a diabetic coma. She is now stabilized and is doing a bit better. My mom is out there with her right now and she is very tired, stressed and worried. It's been almost 4 years since I last saw my grandma. Her and my grandpa live in FL and time and money haven't allowed us to visit. We last saw them while they were in El Paso staying with my family. We've been happy that they have met all their great-grandchildren and love them. So I am now in the process of trying to secure a flight to go to FL and spend some time with her. It's very important to me to be able to see her while she is still alive and remember the wonderful memories I have as a child. I think that it's sometimes sad that after the person dies, everyone comes to say goodbye. I do understand it's closure, but I want my grandma to know that I love her and cherish her and to tell her face to face.
This has all been a reminder that we need to live each to the fullest and let our immediate and extended family know how precious they are to us. And every chance we are given to be with them is so important!!!!

No comments: